Monday, July 4, 2016

About a Film: Stung (2015)

Hey! Get the fuck off him!
(Julia)


Director: Benni Diez
Screenwriter: Adam Aresty
Casts: Matt O'Leary, Jessica Cook, Lance Henriksen, Clifton Collins Jr.
Origin: USA and suprisingly, Germany
Running time: 87 minutes
Synopsis: When another party stung a party

When everybody is going home and I'm just stuck in my room, typing some words for my...duty and suddenly it's stung and......okay, whatever, the thing is it's time for another post and I'm going to write about a horror movie with plenty romance in this and that, called Stung. The truth is I have watched it last year but, I didn't have any urge to write about it until now. I will stop blabbering and get down to the business!
Okay, it's going to be nasty
Stung is a horror movie and based on the title, I guess you'll have an idea about the 'monster' in the movie and have an imagination about how the movie will be about. Personally, this movie kinda reminded me of Braindead and The Fly, but less gore and classic (well, of course!). And yet, yet, this movie has its gem. It's that romance story beneath it. This movie has its moment when the two lead characters, the male and the female attracted to each other, despite of the shitty situation they're in. Personally (again), I did have imagination about it. When the male character and female character was trying to survive, yet they can't help but to fall in love each other. Just like what I imagined to Daryl and Beth but, then Beth died and my imagination is ruined and for some moments, I've been one of that delusional audience who think that Beth will be alive again. Enough for this depressing situation, now I'm gonna talk about the casts.
Like I said, they attracted to each other
I'm not an expert when it comes with acting skills. But, I think all characters was pretty good. It's not great but, they managed to make it so entertaining. Matt O'Leary and Jessica Cook who played as Paul and Julia, the lead characters, was not that bad. Matt O'Leary managed to play as Paul, a desperate guy whom tried to get an attention from Julia; meanwhile, Jessica Cook was good in portraying a person who tried so hard in making money for living. Both of them attracted to each other but, they just kept it to themselves. The tension between them was not really convincing for me, but it was okay. Lance Henriksen and Clifton Collins Jr. in the movie who portrayed the bad ass and the bad guy just make the movie a bit refreshing. Overall, the casts are pretty much interesting and entertaining for me.
You lost him! Deal with it! or no?
Last paragraph, the debut movie of Benni Diez who previously acted as visual effects guy in several movies such as Melancholia and Du hast es versprochen was worthy to be watched, for me. And oh yeah, regarding the director is an expert in visual effects, the visual effects in the movie is nicely done and can be one of the reasons why people have to watch the movie. And if you need another reason, then the movie have won a Best International Film in Fantaspoa International Fantastic Film Festival and nominated in Fright Meter Award. There, you have it.

(Oh my God)
Credits:
flickeringmyth.com for the poster film
FilmIsNow Movie Trailer @ youtube for the trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment