Monday, July 4, 2016

About a Film: #Horror (2015)

It wasn't real, it's not real
(Sam)


Director: Tara Subkoff
Screenwriter: Tara Subkoff
Casts: Sadie Seelert, Haley Murphy, Bridget McGarry
Origin: USA
Running time: 101 minutes
Synopsis: Cyberbullying among teens leads to a serious problem

Good dat combo
Two reviews in one day won't hurt, so I'm typing another one. #Horror, as mentioned in the title, belongs to horror genre. Not only that, it was a psychological one. With teen problems. Which in this movie, it's about cyberbullying. Well, cyberbullying movie is often being a theme of a movie lately. I've seen some cyberbullying movies these days and it was not only an American one, but also Korean and Japanese movie industry did some. And that makes me realize that many producers think cyberbullying is pretty much a threat that it should be taken out as the theme of the movie. Yet, compared with another movie, this movie had a different way in describing the cyberbullying. For some scenes, the movie is like a Candy Crush Soda Saga's part and I don't really understand why the director put that part. Does she want to emphasize about how addicted people to the game or there is another message about it. Well, I've seen some movies which emphasize twi****(please, don't make me type it) as one of the problem which caused cyberbullying, but Candy Crush Soda Saga? and the thing is that game can possible cause a brain damage or psychological problem for teens? Well, I can't relate it. Maybe it's just my brain which can't decipher the message behind it, but yeah, it's a major turnoff for me that I can't really understand about what really happened in the movie.
it's weirder and weirder
Another thing, the movie is trying to be as depressing as it can be but, some scenes are making it confusing, rather than depressing. Well, I get the depressing part when I saw how the teens  acted now. They are only 12 but they did some things which I think it was inappropriate for 12 year-old-girls and on the top of that, they suffered some mental problems, despite of their young age and the mental problem was not that easy to be solved. And also, what's wrong with the parents in this movie. All of them was....weird. Or it's just me who didn't know the fact that there were some parents with those kinds of attitude. Well, maybe the latter, because irl, I know people gone crazy and difficult these days. 
no, wasn't Ex Machina
Another thing, the movie is taken a place in a house in the middle of nowhere which reminded me of a house in Goodnight, Mommy which make me think that the director might want to create such isolated situation. Well, apart from that, the movie is full of artistic things which, personally, bring a weird vibe in the movie because some of the arts are weird and I can't put a finger on it. Sometimes, the arts look like it was alive but, I don't know if the director made it so in purpose, to emphasize that the arts can be alive, regarding to the people whom see it. And one thing, I just realize that watching the movie is like listening psychedelic music but, less enjoyable because the movie makes me dizzy.
Last words for this movie, it was not everyone. Trust me, I know it because this movie is not for me, it's too difficult for me to understand about it and I'm writing a post about this movie is just because I've watched the movie and I think it'll be such a waste if I didn't post anything about this. Although the people who read this post, maybe won't find anything worth in the post unless my constant confusing expression about the movie. Well, the movie has a potential to be a good one. In the ending, I feel like I know the message about the movie and it's a good one. But, I just don't understand why the director make it so difficult to decipher, precisely for me. I just.....why? Nice cinematography, though.

(no, it wasn't The Purge)



Credits:
FilmIsNow Movie Trailer @ youtube for the trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment