Monday, October 24, 2016

About a Film: Fright Night (1985)

You're so cool, Brewster!
(Ed)

Director: Tom Holland
Screenwriter: Tom Holland
Casts: Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Amanda Bearse
Origin: USA
Running time: 106 minutes
Synopsis: A teenager haunted by his neighbour

ea apaan tu!?
When my friend mentioned about this movie, what I have in mind is Colin Firth’s Fright Night and I really didn’t know that it’s a remake version of this flick. Then, I got a copy of this one and why don’t I watch it? Besides, my friend also told me that this one got some amazing music (yeah, I got hooked with 80’s music since forever) so, yeah. Let’s begin the show!
Makan nih!
The premise of this movie is simple. A young boy named Charley Brewster find out some weird things about his new neighbors. Something’s terrifying and unexpected. Then, he tried to tell everyone about it; begins with his mother, friends, even police. But nobody believed him. He went to his last resort, Peter Vincent, whom he believed can solve the problem. But, the sad thing is Peter Vincent is just an actor who portrayed his role on television. Peter Vincent is not the real person who can help him to handle his neighbors. Then, Charley fall into a deep desperation because his neighbors began to invade his house and he couldn’t do anything to save his life. Even later, his friend and girlfriend’s life was also on stake. He should try anything to keep everyone saved and what will he do to defeat his neighbors? Just give it a try to watch it, even better if you haven’t watched the latter version.
Ih, atit tau!
Now, this Fright Night is made for teens back there. I had imagined that this is one of those movies that teens watched in Drive-in Theater, where the girls went screaming and the boys were the ones whom put their hands around their shoulders. Heh. But, it’s not as stupid as the other stupid movies that I’ve seen. The simplicity of the story makes it easy to understand and some funny scenes make me laugh. A bit. This is like a cheesy and stupid version of Dracula with similar story about the vampire and the triangle love between the main character, the girlfriend, and the vampire. For me, albeit this movie is from 1985 which waaaaaay older than me, I find it enjoyable. Eh yes, I love Evil Ed and his maniacal laugh, I bet that will be one of the things that remind me of the movie. Other than that is the ugly form of the vampire. This is fascinating because the movie in this era always had that ugly form of a monster. And that is different with the usual vampire which always portrayed as the one who came back to ashes when they encountered with the light of the sun. Now, I think I should try to watch the newer version of Fright Night because it seemed more sinister than this version, just like the older Evil Dead to the newer Evil Dead.

(what a helluva trailer)
Credits:
Supernatural Earth @ youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment